The following are the basic rules of conduct that govern player interaction and activity within
GameKnot Online Chess site and forums. Failure to act responsibly and comply with these rules
may result in the suspension and/or termination of your account without any refund of any kind.
- Rules of Conduct:
- You may not harass, insult, badger, threaten or rush other players.
- You may not use any sexually explicit, vulgar, rude, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, inflammatory, racially or ethnically offensive language and/or images. No exceptions for abbreviated or misspelled words with clear intended meaning.
- You may not use chess engines nor chess computers to help you decide your next move. You may not consult with anyone nor ask for advice about any of your games in progress (nor provide such advice to other GameKnot players about their games in progress, whether solicited or not). You may analyze games with chess engines after they are finished. You may consult chess books or game/move databases at any time.
- You may not artificially manipulate your rating. It includes (but not limited to) resigning games with equal or winning positions, intentionally letting games time out, offering to draw (or accepting a draw offer) in superior positions, and purposefully losing/drawing games to lower your rating in general.
- You may not create nor use more than one account on GameKnot. Only one player per account is allowed.
- You may not post any disturbing, vulgar or obscene images on your profile page. You may not post any links to any websites that would violate these Community Standards.
- You may not send any unsolicited mass messages (aka spam) to other GameKnot users.
- You may not recruit for, advertise or otherwise promote other websites, products and/or services, without prior written permission from GameKnot, and without clearly indicating all advertisements as such. Unsolicited religious propaganda is not allowed.
- You will not attempt to interfere with or hack into any of the GameKnot servers. You may not cause excessive load on GameKnot servers and/or excessive use of server resources (including, but not limited to, using download bots or automated scripts to access GameKnot pages). You may not disrupt or interfere with the normal functionality of the website in any way (which includes disabling or blocking the ads).
- You will not violate any local, state, national or international laws or regulations.
- You may not impersonate any GameKnot staff, nor claim to act on behalf of GameKnot staff.
- If your account is suspended or if your private messaging and/or forum posting privileges are revoked, you may not use other users' accounts to get around the ban. You may not help other users with suspended accounts and/or revoked messaging/forum posting privileges to get around their ban.
- You may not use the forums, or another player, to get around someone's ignore list.
I.e. you may not post a message in the forums with the sole purpose of addressing the player who placed you on their ignore list, or ask
someone else to contact them on your behalf. You may not help another player get around someone else's ignore list.
- You may not invite, or otherwise actively solicit, any players to join your team if they are already a member of another team.
- You may not bet, nor accept bets on any games or events on GameKnot.
We reserve the right to change/update these rules at any time at our own discretion.